Did you know the average office worker uses 10,000 sheets of copy paper each year. That’s a total of nearly 3.7 million tons of copy paper used annually in the U.S. and it translates to over 700 billion sheets.
Here are a few simple ways you can personally reduce your paper usage:
- Print double-side – Use both sides of the paper for printing, copying, writing, and drawing when possible
- Reuse paper that is printed on one side
- Minimize misprinting paper in your copy machine and printer by posting a diagram near them so you can easily remember which side goes up or down
- Use efficient copying- use the size reduction feature to use less paper
- Don’t print out draft documents; review, edit, and share on screen